Tuesday, January 5, is Venture’s First Tuesday Prayer and Fasting. We invite you to join us.
Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Pray that you would be more grateful so that your heart is ready to respond to the needs of others.
- Pray for the refugees who receive meals every day and for thousands more who need food.
- Pray for the meals that are sent to SE Asia. It is a long journey and the Gospel is shared with each delivery.
Here are a few ways you can fast:
- Abstain from food during one meal time or for the whole day.
- Abstain from sweets, soda or coffee.
- Fast from technology (TV, iPad, iPhone, social media, gaming systems, etc.)
“Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” – Esther 4:16
thy daily stage of duty run;
shake off dull sloth, and joyful rise
to pay thy morning sacrifice.
Lord, I my vows to thee renew;
disperse my sins as morning dew;
guard my first springs of thought and will,
and with thyself my spirit fill.
Direct, control, suggest, this day,
all I design or do or say;
that all my powers, with all their might,
in thy sole glory may unite.
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
praise him, all creatures here below;
praise him above, ye heavenly host:
praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.