Tuesday, August 2, is Venture’s First Tuesday Prayer and Fasting. We invite you to join us.
Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Pray that you would be more grateful so that your heart is ready to respond to the needs of others.
- Pray for the refugees who receive meals every day and for thousands more who need food.
- Pray for the meals that are sent to SE Asia. It is a long journey and the Gospel is shared with each delivery.
Here are a few ways you can fast:
- Abstain from food during one meal time or for the whole day.
- Abstain from sweets, soda or coffee.
- Fast from technology (TV, iPad, iPhone, social media, gaming systems, etc.)
Prayers of surrender are scary and powerful, but they lead to miraculous lives of unexpected joy in big life altering ways, and small, simple everyday moments. Perhaps this is the heart of Christ’s prayer, “Father, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth and it is in Heaven.”
may your name be kept holy.
10 May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today the food we need,
12 and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
13 And don’t let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one.
O Lord, I give my life to you.
2 I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
4 Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.
7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O Lord.
8 The Lord is good and does what is right;
he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
9 He leads the humble in doing right,
teaching them his way.
10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.
11 For the honor of your name, O Lord,
forgive my many, many sins.
12 Who are those who fear the Lord?
He will show them the path they should choose.
13 They will live in prosperity,
and their children will inherit the land.
14 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.
He teaches them his covenant.
- Over 125 people have committed to raising $48,000 during the Live Free Challenge. This Venture Local event has become one of our most generous campaigns to-date. Please pray that all participants would stay strong in mind, body and spirit as they run, walk and cycle during the month of August.
- The Venture tour season is still under way. Please pray that the participants and tour leaders will be safe, enjoy their trips and have encounters with God that will leave them forever changed.
- Pray for Aaron and Krista Smith, Venture’s co-founders, who recently relocated to Thailand to serve as full-time missionaries. Pray that their transition would be smooth, that their two kids would acclimate well, and that they will begin to build a solid community around them.